Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Work work work, all day long.

My job has become increasingly harder to deal with. I took on the Social Security files only two months ago and I think I'm already burnt out. There are easy cases and there are really hard cases. There is definitely not an equal amount of the two; hard cases out number the easy ones 5 to 1. It has taught me that whenever I am feeling a little run down or sick, there are many people worse off. It has also taught me how to have instant compassion for strangers. Usually it takes a few meetings to get to know a person's trials and tribulations, but not in this position. It is layed out, bare, within five minutes. For most, it takes an enormous amount of courage to tell a stranger all that is wrong with them; mentally and physically.

I'm glad for the interesting people this job allows me to meet on a daily basis. I am also glad for the wonderful boss I have! I may complain about it sometimes, but I really do love my job. :)

No comments: