Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Holidays to All!

A wonderful man passed away a three days ago leaving the world a much sadder place. Jason's grandfather, Home Hange passed away on Wednesday due to complications of pneumonia. I am very blessed to have known him for the past year and a half. He was always smiling and always cheerful. My thoughts and prayers have been with Jason and his whole family for the past two-weeks, but I feel helpless and unable to do much else. I do not grieve well (not that anyone does), so I feel even more helpless.

This Christmas is going to be a sad one because of this, but I still want to wish everyone a very happy and safe Holiday season. Please hug your loved ones and tell your friends you love them. Drink eggnog and hot cocoa until you burst. Swing your significant other around a dance floor to "Jingle Bells" by the Stray Cats. Eat until you think you can't eat another bite. Be well and be merry!

2 comments:

The Hange Family said...

My favorite story that sums up my grampa is the time he and I were baling straw on a hot June day about five or six years ago. He was driving the tractor, and I was in the wagon, stacking bales. It was 95 degrees out, and I was getting pretty hot. I asked grampa if he could slow down, and he gave me a kakamamie story about the baler not working in a lower gear, that we couldn't slow down! We went for another round around the field, and I was about to fall down from the heat! I asked for another break, and grampa told me that I could drive the tractor, and he would stack. He was just testing me to see how tough I was. There was no way I was going to let an eighty year old man stack straw while I drove in an air conditioned cab!
Every year I see my father getting a little more like his dad, and I catch myself sounding a little bit like both of them! That's ok, because I can only hope to be half the man my grandfather Homer Hange was!

The Hange Family said...

There was a typo in the original post. Jason's grandfather's name's Homer, not Home. I apologize.