Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

Diary of Kindness

I would like all those that are pledging to complete one random act of kindness each day for one week to write down their acts for the whole week of February 14-20. I will then turn them into a blog at the end of that week. I am very excited to hear what everyone did for those in need or those who we just want to make smile. Be it for a stranger, co-worker, loved one, or neighbor, one kind gesture goes a long way towards making the world we live in a much happier one. (*sappy, I know!)

Just one example:
On my way home yesterday from work, I stopped at the gas station to fill up the old grocery-getter and while I was inside paying for my milk, I decided to pay for 10 cups of coffee. That way, 10 people who were in the station buying a cup got theirs for free. Simple, cheap, and good towards 10 smiles. The cashier thought it was such a nice gesture that he charged me for refills instead of regular cups; he returned the kindness. As I was walking out of the gas station, a rather sad looking young man ambled in through the door I held for him and as he was walking by, I told him that the cashier had 10 cups of hot coffee to give out and that he should cash in on one of them. His eyes lit up and he asked "What?!" I told him somebody bought 10 cups for the next 10 customers. He replied, "Wow! That's awesome! Who?" I said I didn't know and "Who cares! Just smile!".

And he did.

No comments: